Our growing Biochemistry and Molecular Biology program from Clark University combines faculty expertise, research capability, and technology with a supportive environment where students receive mentoring in research and preparation for rewarding careers.
- Collaboration — between faculty, research scientists, fellow graduate students, undergraduates, and our interdisciplinary research partners in the STEM fields — is at the core of our program.
- As such, there is a sense of community and shared purpose among our diverse group of students inside and outside of our labs and research groups. In addition, our Central Massachusetts location allows students access to the local biotechnology and scientific community, a booming industry within the commonwealth.
Clark University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The program offers a variety of specializations including:
- Protein structure and function
- Experimental biophysical chemistry
- NMR spectroscopy
- Chemical biology
- Molecular genetics
- Developmental biology
- Signal transduction
- Cell division
- Molecular evolution
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 31 other PhDs in Molecular Sciences in United States
- Online application form
- Application fee (nonrefundable): $75
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- All academic transcripts
- English Language Requirements — International applicants only
- Test scores and other program-specific requirements
International48250 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD for the full programme
National48250 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD for the full programme
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Clark rewards strong applicants with generous merit-based scholarships, equal to 25% to 100% of tuition, and assistantships, where students work with faculty or professional staff on special projects while earning a stipend that helps fund their education.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.