Emory University’s Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing is a world leader in innovative research. Consistently ranked in the top five (5) nursing schools in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding, the faculty and students of the Nursing program of Emory University have a proven track record in successfully competing for, and obtaining highly competitive research studies. These studies not only advance the careers of the students and faculty, but also make a significant impact on the health of patients, families, and communities.
Research studies conducted by our faculty include:
- Aerobic exercise to improve cognitive abilities among adults living with HIV/AIDS (Rebecca Gary/Drenna Waldrop-Valverde)
- Maternal Stress and the Gut-Brain Axis in African American Infants (Elizabeth Corwin)
- Savvy Caregiver Program for Caregivers of Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease (Kenneth Hepburn)
- Epigenetic and Biobehavioral Determinants of Preterm Birth Outcomes in Black Women (Anne Dunlop)
- Preparation for End-of-Life Decision Making in Mild Alzheimer’s Disease (Mi-Kyung Song)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evolution of Nursing Science
- Endogenous and Exogenous Determinants of Human Health
- Theoretical and Scientific Basis for the Study of Clinical Phenomena
These courses provide the doctoral students with opportunities to understand the discipline and evolution of scholarship in nursing, critically evaluate and apply theories, critique and develop nursing phenomena related to clinical outcomes, and articulate theoretically sound and clinically relevant research questions.
- Principles of Health Outcomes Research
- Measurement and Design in Clinical Research
- Qualitative Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 91 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed application.
- Submission of a personal statement that describes the applicant's vision for what they want to study, who they want to study with, and why they want to study at Emory.
- Research interests that match faculty expertise
- Three (3) recommendations
- Satisfactory TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- World Education Services (WES) report (if applicable)
- Transcripts issued by the registrar’s office from each post-secondary institution attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Emory University considers applicants who hold a BSN or MSN from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program in the US or an international equivalent (Applicants holding a degree in a non-nursing related discipline will be considered on an individual basis)
- Students entering with a BSN and intending to pursue NP or nurse-midwifery certification must be eligible for licensure as RN in Georgia by the end of the first year of study.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 48 months.
All full-time admitted students are granted full tuition waiver and receive an annual stipend in exchange for teaching and research services.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.