- The Business Administration program at the University of Washington was created primarily for students interested in academic careers, although this training is also useful for individuals seeking research positions in business and government, as well as in consulting firms.
- The doctoral program of study is full-time and year-round; it generally requires four to five years to complete. To be successful in the program, a high level of commitment is necessary. Students are therefore expected to reside in Seattle and be full time participants in the program.
- Applicants choose one major area of specialization when applying. Once admitted, students may transfer areas if faculty in the new area accept the transfer.
- Students interested in international business typically major in one of the areas listed above, minor in international business, and write an internationally oriented dissertation.
- Technology Entrepreneurship is a new major area of specialization that builds on UW’s strengths in business and technology. It is open to students in the business school as well as students enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering, and the School of Medicine.
- 50 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship View 61 other PhDs in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A doctoral student must spend at least two years of in-residence study beyond the baccalaureate degree, at least one of which must be in full-time continuous residence at the University of Washington. We know from experience that the probability of successful completion of the program diminishes substantially unless the student is committed to full-time, in-resident work until all requirements are fulfilled.
- Prospective students should plan on full-time studies, including summer quarter, from the time of enrollment until the completion of their dissertation.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.