- Success in this regard is distinguished by the ability to design and execute a long-term research program that addresses a sequence of well-defined and important problems in economic theory, resource allocation, markets, macroeconomics, public policy, economic measurement, or other area of applied economics. An essential skill of any successful researcher is the ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral presentations.
- Although careers may diverge after the Ph.D. is completed, most students will enter the international Economics Ph.D. job market during their fifth year of study. At that time students should have a polished, substantial research paper, known as the Job Market Paper, that demonstrates their skills in the design, execution, and presentation of a significant project
- The Job Market Paper is one part of a well-developed early career research plan whose promise and significance can be reasonably assessed by the economics profession at that time. Those interested in teaching positions should have a portfolio of teaching experiences that demonstrates their skills and preparation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject
- Applied Economics
- Econometrics And Economic Statistics
- Economic Development And Planning
- Economic History
- Economic Systems
- Economic Theory
- Economics Of Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 50 other PhDs in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 36 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.