- This implies that they have mastery of the fundamental physics knowledge, can synthesize knowledge from different areas, and take the course-based knowledge to the next level, where, with guidance from their mentors and peers, they apply the knowledge to solve problems of practical interest. We therefore aim at an interdisciplinary education and broad course base. In addition to becoming a world expert in the area of their dissertation topics, the candidates will be prepared for a career as a professional scientist/engineer, with all the flexibility that that implies.
- The Ph.D. program in the graduate field of Applied Physics (AP) is a research-oriented doctoral program tailored to individual interests. It combines a core physics curriculum with research and study in one of several areas that deal either with the application of physics to a technical discipline or with the interface between physics and another area of science. After two semesters of graduate study, students in the Ph.D. program take a written qualifying examination covering the core subjects. This exam is in addition to those required by the Graduate School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate study in the field offers the opportunity to achieve proficiency in physics, mathematics, and applied science. Applied physics is particularly suitable for students preparing for a scientific career in an area of applied science based on principles and techniques of physics.
- A student may choose for specialization and thesis or dissertation research any subject compatible with an approach based on the application of principles of physics and mathematics. Current areas of advanced study and research include applied theoretical physics, biophysics, chemical physics, physics of fluids, nuclear and reactor physics, optics, laser physics, plasma physics, solid-state physics, nano-science, and space physics.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Applied Mathematics View 26 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.