Our Nursing PhD students from University of San Diego include clinicians, university faculty, military officers, nurse executives and others who bring a wealth of experience and diverse backgrounds to classroom discussions.
- Our PhD students meet on campus one day a week to engage in coursework focusing on nursing science and research. As busy professionals in demanding roles, students enjoy the on-campus experience, thanks to both the beautiful environment and the camaraderie with cohorts and faculty.
- Although active in their own careers and research, our faculty take great pleasure in spending time with students, mentoring and supporting them through research, community work, dissertations and international missions.
- To achieve expertise as beginning level nurse scientists, students are educated and socialized for their roles both didactically through course work, seminars and tutorials—and experientially through research assistantships, collaboration with faculty mentors and independent research.
- Students receive a strong foundation in scientific inquiry with a focus on a clinically relevant area for scholarship and research.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing View 75 other PhDs in Nursing in United States
- College/University Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Registered Nurse License
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- Foreign credentials submitted with an application for doctoral study are required to be evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org). A course-by-course evaluation is required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language or International English Language Testing System
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.