The broad-based, one year core curriculum is followed by focused course work and thesis/dissertation research in faculty laboratories in basic science and clinical departments.
- In addition to School of Medicine faculty, the Biomedical Sciences is complemented by affiliated faculty in the College of Pharmacy, School of Engineering, National Labs, and other entities who may direct graduate student research. Biomedical Sciences students at The University of New Mexico often work with animals in their research.
- Cancer Biology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Infectious Disease & Immunology
- Medical Imaging
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Health Sciences View 42 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application including: Letter of Intent, CV, three (3) letters of recommendation, all transcripts (unofficial or official) from every college/university attended and competency supplement (pdf version)
- BS, BA, or equivalent 4-year degree from an accredited US institution or a recognized foreign institution
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.