We offer a phd degree in Accountancy at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. With the largest alumni network in the discipline, the most productive research faculty in the world, and a small cohort size currently composed of 15 students, a PhD from Gies Business will pave your way toward success in academia.
- Our reputation is based on the accomplishments of our top-ranked accounting faculty, the productivity and placement of our PhD candidates, and the breadth of accounting education we provide.
- We include PhD students in a research team composed of full, associate and assistant professors who have distinguished themselves in auditing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and taxation research.
- A point of emphasis has been the development of co-authored projects among doctoral students and faculty. To prepare students for these collaborations, our PhD curriculum helps develop your research and writing skills.
Illinois has tremendous breadth and depth in academics, with more than 150 undergraduate and more than 100 graduate and professional programs. A preeminent faculty propels many academic programs to be ranked among the best in the world. This emphasis on campuswide academic excellence has built Illinois' reputation as one of the nation's premier public universities.
- Intro to Accountancy Research
- Constructs in Atg Research
- Special Research Problems
- Doctoral Research Seminar
- Thesis Research
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate College admission application. You can submit your application on-line at the Graduate College.
- Graduate College Application Fee
- All transcripts
- A personal statement that articulates an interest in accounting and a motivation to pursue a PhD in accounting, as well as an informed understanding of the general nature of accounting research.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from research-active faculty members, that give insight into the applicant’s potential as an accounting researcher and teacher.
- Official GMAT Score (institution code VKR TK 03) or GRE Score (institution code 1836)
- Official TOEFL iBT Score (institution code 1836) (only required for applicants whose native language is not English).
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Department intends for all Ph.D. students to acquire teaching and research experience as part of the program. Financial aid is given consistent with this objective, to provide a reasonable level of subsistence for the students, and with the goal of attracting outstanding candidates. A combination of the two types of financial aid is available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.