Students who satisfactorily complete the Doctorate in Education Leadership Program will receive the Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) degree and be prepared to fulfill the following objectives:
- Respond to the diverse needs and diverse peoples who attend our schools and seek to provide an equal and quality education for all children;
- Develop leadership skills which are demonstrated in building effective team-oriented approaches to teaching and learning in order to maximize the academic achievements of all students;
- Demonstrate scholarly behaviors, such as reflection and problem-solving with skills for designing, critiquing and implementing research relevant to effective practice;
- Adapt to changing environments and problems, solve new problems, and develop adaptive learning organizations.
- Demonstrate ethical standards in all leadership processes.
- Writing for Publication
- Inclusionary Classroom Practices
- School and Community Relations
- Supervision and Professional Development
- Ethics and Diversity
- Curriculum and Instructional Leadership
- Planning and Program Evaluation
- Policy and Politics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 129 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students who enter the program must have an earned baccalaureate and master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Students will enter as members of a doctoral cohort. Since the program is designed to meet the needs of the students who may be working full-time, courses will be offered in a non-traditional format on selected Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Students will be served from the Delmarva area as well as from across the nation. The program will target students who possess or who are eligible for the Maryland Administrative I or its equivalent from other states, and who are serving as a principal, assistant principal or in an equivalent position or have had, in the recent past, these types of experiences.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.