Molecular and Cellular Biophysics PhD (MCB) University of Denver
- The MCB PhD program is centered on research activities that coincide with faculty experience and expertise. Areas of research in the MCB program include cellular physiology, developmental dynamics, protein folding and aggregation, protein network analysis, signal transduction cascades, synthetic biology, systems biology and the development of novel imaging techniques. Projects at the interface of traditional disciplines of physics, biology and chemistry as well as methods of mathematical analysis and computer modeling are particularly encouraged.
- The MCB PhD program offers both a core foundation in biophysical theory and practice yet provides flexibility and individualized attention such that students with diverse scientific backgrounds will have the opportunity to be trained in molecular and cellular biophysics. During their first year in the program, students conduct lab rotations, take a year-long course sequence that covers foundations of molecular and cellular biophysics and take additional graduate courses to supplement their undergraduate training. At the end of their first year, students will join the lab in which they will conduct their thesis research.
- Students with strong quantitative undergraduate backgrounds (e.g., undergraduate degrees in physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science/engineering) who desire to apply these skills to various biological problems, as well as students with a background in cell or molecular biology with a solid foundation in mathematics and physics are particularly encouraged to apply. Financial aid is usually offered in the form of Graduate Teaching or Graduate Research Assistantships, which cover tuition costs and provide a stipend for living expenses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Biophysics
- Current Topics in Biophysics
- Directed Study
- Lab Rotation
- Independent Research
- Independent Study
- Cellular Biophysics
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 32 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must earn and submit proof of earning the equivalent of a baccalaureate degreeand, if applicable, a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution prior tobeginning graduate coursework at DU.
- Language Proficiency
- Test Scores
- Personal Statement
- Resume / C.v.
- Recommendation Letters
International1426 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1426 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1426 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1426 USD per credit and a duration of .
- Over 18 $17,112 + $1,426 Per Hour over 18
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.