Medical Anthropology from University of California, San Francisco offers a combination of excellence in critical medical anthropology; studies of science, technology, and modernity; and training in historically informed, pedagogically rigorous social theory.
Students at Medical Anthropology from University of California, San Francisco will:
- develop original, creative, and relevant scholarship that makes contributions across the medical and social science fields.
- learn about formation of subjectivities and the governance of populations around forms of life; how populations are constituted for care or violence; the structuring logic of markets in the provision of aid and health; and the constitution of truth through particular conceptualizations of life, ethics, and personhood.
Thematic areas include:
- Social inequality
- Differential access to care
- The biomedical economy
- Science and technology studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 16 other PhDs in Anthropology in United States
- To be eligible for admission, you must have at least a 3.0 (B) grade point average.
- Upon completion of the application and receipt of the non-refundable application fee ($120 for US citizens and permanent residents, and $140 for international applicants), or – alternatively – once your request for an application fee waiver has been approved (US citizens and permanent residents only), an admission file is established by the Graduate Division.
- All students are required to submit documentation of immunizations and complete a tuberculosis screening questionnaire.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 36 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.