The Ph.D. is conferred upon candidates who have demonstrated substantial scholarship and the ability to conduct independent research. Through course work and guided research, the program prepares students to make original contributions in Management Science and Engineering and related fields.
- The Management Science and Engineering program from Stanford University requires three years of full-time graduate study, at least two years of which must be at Stanford. Typically, however, students take four to five years after entering the program to complete all Ph.D. requirements.
- The University requires a minimum of 135 units for a Ph.D., up to 45 units of which may be transferred from another graduate program, or used toward a master's degree at Stanford.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research include:
- Computational Social Science
- Decision Analysis and Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Finance
- Organizations, Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Probability and Stochastic Systems
- Operations Management
- Strategy and Policy
- Systems Modeling and Optimization
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 19 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose; should be no more than two pages single-spaced
- Letters of Recommendation (3); recommenders continue to have access to submit letters after the application is submitted, but must upload their letter no later than two weeks after the application deadline
- Transcripts (scanned)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Select at least one Academic Interest. Please consult the MS Areas of Specialty and PhD research areas
- Application Fee of $125 (nonrefundable). See eligibility requirements for Graduate Fee Waivers.
- Optional Abstract of Paper; no more than two pages single-spaced, including a link to the full paper
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.