The study of Africa, North America, and the Caribbean are central components of African American Studies from University of California, Berkeley
Students at African American Studies from University of California, Berkeley will:
- apply a multidisciplinary approach to the study of the international and national divisions of race as they pertain to persons of African descent, wherever they may find themselves.
- be understanding development and underdevelopment, domination and power, self determination, mutual cooperation, and aesthetic and creative expression. Issues of identity construction, marginality, territoriality and the universal role of race in the organization of political economy and in class formation are critical to the program’s intellectual agenda.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Interdisciplinary Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Theories of the African Diaspora
- Critical Pedagogy (Required to GSI)
- Directed Dissertation Research
- Individual Study or Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 letters of recommendation;
- Please submit a sample of your writing (no more than 15 pages) that best reflects your interests or previous work in the field.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5721 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5721 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.