- As a graduate student in the field of Biological and Environmental Engineering we will help you to develop into an outstanding engineering researcher and ethical scholar in our field. We will work together so that you can further your strengths that brought you here and expand your abilities beyond. This means that you will be able to make original and substantial contributions to our discipline. It also means that you will seek opportunities to reach out to the community at large and engage in activities increasing the impact of your research to our society.
- Your time as graduate student will be spent in part with classes and in large part with your research project. The knowledge you obtain from your classes will form a strong basis onto which you can build your research. You will become skilled in the techniques important to your research. In addition, you will have many opportunities to also develop your communication skills for oral and written presentations at formal and informal events. Thus, as a successful graduate student you will synthesize and create new knowledge in biological or environmental engineering.
- You will be working independently on your research project and will be embedded in a team of researchers with similar aspirational goals. You will be supported by a committee of engaged faculty members and will have the opportunity to form a strong bond with your graduate advisor throughout the time in our program. Your graduate time in BEE will be your starting point of forming your professional network that can supportively accompany you for your future career and professional life.
- Your progress in our graduate program will be assessed throughout your time in BEE by your faculty committee each semester. During the PhD., A and B exam formal assessment will provide you with written feedback at critical points in your graduate education and assist you in the continuing improvement of your proficiencies as a biological or environmental research engineer.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate mastery of knowledge in the chosen area of focus and to synthesize and create new knowledge, making an original and substantial contribution to the discipline in a timely fashion. Doctoral students are assessed on:
- the overarching goal of finishing their degree in an appropriate timeframe,
- making an original and substantial contribution to the field,
- demonstrating advanced research skills,
- demonstrating a commitment to advance the values of scholarship,
- demonstrating professional skills.
Concentrations by Subject:
- Bioenergy And Integrated Energy Systems
- Bioenvironmental Engineering
- Biological Engineering
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Engineering
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Bio & Biomedical Engineering View 12 other PhDs in Environmental Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.