City and Regional Planning from University of California, Berkeley is served by nearly 20 city and regional planning faculty with expertise in community and economic development, transportation planning, urban design, international development, environmental planning, and global urbanism.
Students at City and Regional Planning from University of California, Berkeley will:
- develop specializations within the field of urban studies and planning
- expand their intellectual horizons through training in the related fields of architecture, landscape architecture and environmental planning, civil engineering, anthropology, geography, sociology, public policy, public health, and political science.
- build intellectual community
- participate in national and international venues of scholarship.
- Planning and Urban Theory
- Research Methods
- Housing Planning and Policy
- Methods of Project Analysis
- Development - Design Studio
- Theories of Urban Form and Design
- Shaping the Public Realm
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- December 1st, 2022
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 30 other PhDs in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Admission to the Ph.D. program is highly competitive. Applicants are required to have completed a master's degree in planning or a related field. They are expected to demonstrate capacity for advanced research and to present a compelling research topic as part of their application.
- Once admitted to the program, students are eligible to compete for various university fellowships, including the Berkeley Fellowship, Cota-Robles Fellowship, and the Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship. Students of the program have also been successful in securing funding for dissertation research from the National Science Foundation, Social Science Research Council, and the Fulbright scholarships.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.