City and Regional Planning from University of California, Berkeley is served by nearly 20 city and regional planning faculty with expertise in community and economic development, transportation planning, urban design, international development, environmental planning, and global urbanism.
Students at City and Regional Planning from University of California, Berkeley will:
- develop specializations within the field of urban studies and planning
- expand their intellectual horizons through training in the related fields of architecture, landscape architecture and environmental planning, civil engineering, anthropology, geography, sociology, public policy, public health, and political science.
- build intellectual community
- participate in national and international venues of scholarship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning and Urban Theory
- Research Methods
- Housing Planning and Policy
- Methods of Project Analysis
- Development ‐ Design Studio
- Theories of Urban Form and Design
- Shaping the Public Realm
- Environmental Planning and Regulation
- Spatial Politics of Land
- Sustainable Communities
- Urban Informatics and Visualization
- Healthy Cities
- Data Science for Human Mobility and Socio‐technical Systems
- Community Development History, Theory and Practice
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 7 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Applicants are required to have completed a master's degree in planning or a related field.
- They are expected to demonstrate capacity for advanced research and to present a compelling research topic as part of their application.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
- GRE: Optional for Ph.D (highly encouraged)
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 60 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.