- A candidate for a doctoral degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology is expected to demonstrate a broad based knowledge in chosen discipline (Ecology, Evolutionary or Organismal Biology, or some combination), mastery of knowledge in the chosen sub-discipline (e.g., Ecosystem Biology, Community & Population Ecology, Evolutionary Genetics, Macroevolution, Systematics, Molecular Evolution, or some combination), and create new knowledge, making an original and substantial contribution to the sub-discipline in a timely fashion.
- The specific course of study is tailored to the needs of the individual student. Excellent laboratory and nearby field facilities are available, as are numerous collections and libraries. All students are required to obtain teaching experience by serving as teaching assistants for at least two semesters.
- Inquiries from prospective graduate students are welcomed and should be addressed to the graduate field office or to any member of the faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject:
- Animal Ecology
- Applied Ecology
- Community And Ecosystem Ecology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.