- The PhD program at the The Ohio State University divides itself naturally into three stages. First, the student takes courses to master the theory and analytical tools of planning, culminating in the Candidacy Examination. Second, the student formulates a topic for dissertation research, and writes a formal dissertation proposal which must be approved by the dissertation committee. Third, the dissertation research is executed, and the result is written up and defended (presented) in the Final Oral Examination.
- The requirements for the doctoral degree fall into two classes: general university requirements and specific City and Regional Planning requirements. It is important to note that these are minimum requirements. A student’s advisor may insist on more than the minimal coursework, especially if the undergraduate degree or prior graduate work was in a field remote from planning, or from the area in which the dissertation is to be written. For applicants whose native language is not English, additional courses to attain proficiency in English may be required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Planning Research
- Planning Dissertations and Theses from Start to Finish
- Advance Planning Theory
- Planning Teaching Practicum
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 24 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year during .
National37396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37396 USD per year during .
In-State12679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12679 USD per year during .
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.