- The department offers state-of-the-art facilities for research in phonetics, including articulatory movement tracking, ultrasound, electroglottography, and speech aerodynamics.
- The phonetics lab is part of the Cornell Speech Imaging Group (SIG), a cross-disciplinary team of researchers using real-time magnetic resonance imaging to study the dynamics of speech articulation.
- The department also hosts a Computational Linguistics Lab which focuses on statistical parsing of large data samples, including grammar development, parameter estimation, and acquisition of lexical information from corpora.
- The Language Documentation Lab provides resources and laboratory space for research involving language documentation, description, and analysis, with an emphasis on understudied languages. The Interface Research Lab focuses on understanding the interfaces between phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations By Subject
- Computational Linguistics (Minor)
- East Asian Linguistics (Minor)
- English Linguistics (Minor)
- General Linguistics
- Germanic Linguistics (Minor)
- Indo-european Linguistics (Minor)
- Phonetics (Minor)
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 45 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.