- From the works of Chaucer to those of Toni Morrison, from romanticism to postcolonialism, from rhetoric and composition to digital media, from folklore to film, from literacy studies to the history of the book - graduate study in English at Ohio State exposes students to the broad range of traditional and emerging fields in contemporary English studies, with many of our programs being nationally recognized.
- In addition to giving students extensive opportunities to work closely with scholars on a variety of research topics, the department offers outstanding teaching experiences. Incoming graduate students teach in our First-Year Writing Program at the The Ohio State University, and they receive training and support throughout their careers. Some second-year graduate students will move on to the second-level undergraduate writing course, and once PhD students complete a teaching apprenticeship, they are eligible to teach entry-level undergraduate courses or to serve as teaching assistants in the British and American literature surveys.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Literature Before 1900
- Critical and Cultural Theory
- Disability Studies
- 18th-Century British Literature
- English Linguistics
- Film and Popular Culture Studies
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Narrative and Narrative Theory
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 62 other Masters in Languages in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during .
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during .
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during .
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.