Our graduate curriculum is designed to meet the following goals:
- Students will acquire an advanced understanding of insect biology at the molecular, cellular, organ, organismal, population, community, ecosystem, and biosphere levels, to discover system-level interconnections.
- Students will understand the economic threats and ecosystem services attributed to insects and how these can shape scientific discovery, policy formation, and management decisions.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to perform research, to apply critical and creative thinking and an ethical framework to address cross-disciplinary issues, and to communicate effectively to multiple audiences.
The Department of Entomology at The Ohio State University is the only university department in Ohio focused on the study of insects. We use insects as model systems to further fundamental understanding of molecular biology, physiology, genetics, ecology, and evolution. We provide instruction at the undergraduate (major and minor) and graduate levels (M.S. and Ph.D). Our extension and outreach programs provide non-biased, research-based information to stakeholders to help protect crops, natural resources, structures, and human and animal health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Insects and Human Affairs
- Forest and Shade Tree Entomology and Pathology
- Field Insect Taxonomy
- Insect Behavior
- Biological Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Capstone Course: Problem-based Studies in Plant Health
- Human Health Entomology
- Individual Studies
- Physiological Systems
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 82 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International39423 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39423 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National36107 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36107 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
In-State12523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12523 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.