- The Medieval Studies Program at Cornell offers a comparative and/or interdisciplinary doctorate. Each student chooses one major and two minor fields of study. At least one of the minor fields must be in either a different language or a different discipline from the major field.
- Although programs to fit individual interests and needs are emphasized, there are some degree requirements, such as reading knowledge of Latin and a course in paleography and research methods, that must be met by all candidates.
- The program does not ordinarily admit students seeking a terminal M.A. degree. Ph.D. degree candidates are granted the M.A. degree after successful completion of course work and the general field exams. For the Ph.D. degree, reading proficiency in Latin and two foreign languages, and teaching experience are required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject:
- Medieval Archaeology
- Medieval Art
- Medieval History
- Medieval Literature
- Medieval Music
- Medieval Philology And Linguistics
- Medieval Philosophy
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 20 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.