The graduate program provides training and leadership opportunities for the next generation of scientists who will address critical issues related to the production of food, feed, fuel, fiber and pharmaceutical crops in ways that are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally responsible. The Horticulture and Crop Science programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
Graduate students and faculty in the Department of Horticulture & Crop Science study fundamental and applied aspects of the biology, production and environmental impact of a wide range of crop and ornamental plants grown in Ohio and around the world. Students have the opportunity to work with major grain crops, such as corn, wheat, forages and soybean, as well as vegetable crops, fruits, berries, turfgrass, flowers, trees and ornamental landscape plants. Our graduate students and faculty have access to state-of-the-art resources for laboratory and field experimentation in genetics, breeding, horticulture, seed biology, agronomy, viticulture, weed ecology and turfgrass science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiology of Cultivated Plants
- Environmental Physiology of Managed Plant Systems
- Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- Advanced Plant Breeding
- Ecology of Agriculture
- Techniques of Experimental Design
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHorticulture Plant & Crop Sciences Genetics View 6 other Masters in Horticulture in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year during 60 months.
National37238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37238 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12522 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.