We are committed to the interdisciplinary study of Italian literature, film and culture, and our faculty has a great depth and breadth of expertise, particularly in medieval and Renaissance culture and literature, linguistics, modern and contemporary literature, and film studies. The Italian programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
The Ph.D. in Italian Studies builds on linguistic, literary, film and cultural studies to support a selection of interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary studies. The program provides an intellectually rigorous and focused but flexible set of core courses that prepare students for the pursuit of more specific individual research interests. In addition to their specialization in literature, culture or film studies, students will have a minor field and complete a Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization or a Graduate Minor related to either their major or minor field (students may petition to create their own minor provided that the desired Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization or a Graduate Minor does not exist at OSU). They will also receive preparation in foreign language pedagogy and the history and structures of the Italian language, establish coordinated theoretical grounding in one or more disciplines, and achieve proficiency in two professionally relevant languages in addition to Italian and English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The city of Rome: Ancient and modern
- The Roman empire
- Roman and Italian philosophy
- Lyric poetry
- Religious studies
- Wars of empire
- Modern and contemporary Italian architecture
- Mafia studies
- Modern and contemporary Italian literature
- Post-war cinema
- Folklore studies
- Food culture
- Feminist criticism, queer theory, and gender studies
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 62 other Masters in Languages in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40507 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37140 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12424 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.