- The field has specific course requirements. All students are expected to take, prior to their Admission to Candidacy examination, four specifically introductory theoretical and methodological courses in three of four subject areas: history, philosophy, sociology, and politics of science and technology, as well as a one-semester seminar intended as an introduction to the field as a whole. At least four of the courses taken during the student's first year should be Science and Technology Studies courses.
- Students are expected to achieve a level of competence in at least one foreign language sufficient for reading the literature in their research area. The Special Committee will decide how this competence is to be demonstrated; competence should be established prior to the Admission to Candidacy examination. Additional languages may be required at the discretion of the Special Committee.
- All students are expected to take an active part in departmental life, engaging in such activities as a weekly discussion group, a colloquium series, and other special training events and workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject:
- History And Philosophy Of Science And Technology
- Social Studies Of Science And Technology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Technology Management View 9 other PhDs in Technology Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during .
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during .
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.