The graduate program in pharmaceutical sciences includes coursework as well as cutting-edge research focused on topics like discovery and evaluation of novel drugs, determination of a drug's effects on the body, delivery methods to improve drug treatment, and how medication is used and applied to enhance patient outcomes.
Because the scope of pharmaceutical sciences is so broad, our graduate program has a number of specialty disciplines:
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy focuses on the interdisciplinary application of chemical, biochemical and molecular principles to the identification and development of therapeutic agents. This includes both synthesis of new chemical entities and isolation of medicinal agents from natural sources (pharmacognosy).
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry focuses on pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, with a special emphasis on drug delivery and targeting systems.
- Pharmacology focuses on determination of biochemical and physiological mechanisms by which drugs exert their effects.
- Translational Science conducts research across the interface from the laboratory bench to the patient bedside.
- Health-Systems Pharmacy Administration is a subspecialty within pharmaceutical administration. The major focus of this program is to educate and train pharmacists to conceptualize, plan, coordinate and evaluate pharmaceutical care in organized health care settings.
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Translational Science
- Health-Systems Pharmacy Administration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Microbiology View 40 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 48 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.