The program is four years in length with an average class size of 130. Ohio State's program is consistently ranked in the top 10 programs in the nation. The Pharmacy program is offered by The Ohio State University.
Students gain a strong foundation in pharmacy practice in a variety of settings. It is important to note that students are involved in experiential education beginning in year one. Students are engaged in structured, practice related activities where knowledge gained from course work is combined with skill training that prepares students to become practicing pharmacists. The experiential program is based on the philosophy and process of patient care and fosters the development of skills related to the provision of direct patient care and medication therapy management.
Because the scope of pharmaceutical sciences is so broad, our graduate program has a number of specialty disciplines:
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy focuses on the interdisciplinary application of chemical, biochemical and molecular principles to the identification and development of therapeutic agents. This includes both synthesis of new chemical entities and isolation of medicinal agents from natural sources (pharmacognosy).
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry focuses on pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, with a special emphasis on drug delivery and targeting systems.
- Pharmacology focuses on determination of biochemical and physiological mechanisms by which drugs exert their effects.
- Translational Science conducts research across the interface from the laboratory bench to the patient bedside.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Pharmacy View 38 other PhDs in Biomedicine in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International54585 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54585 USD per year during 48 months.
National51218 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51218 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State25192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25192 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.