The department aims to contribute to virtually all areas of statistical science, including the development of novel statistical theory and methodology. Specific areas of excellence include Bayesian statistics, spatio-temporal statistics, statistical learning and biostatistics.
Research is directed toward modern and emerging areas of interest. A large portion of the department’s faculty and students are involved in interdisciplinary research and make significant scientific contributions beyond the field of statistics. Faculty members are highly successful at securing competitive grants from various research funding agencies, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Institutes of Health (NIH). In addition, the department is a partner in administering the NSF-funded Mathematical Biosciences Institute on the Ohio State campus. The Statistics program is offered by The Ohio State University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Bayesian Analysis
- Statistical Theory
- Foundations of the Linear Model
- Applied Statistics
- Theory of Probability
- Advanced Statistical Theory
- Bayesian Analysis and Decision Theory
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 50 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.