You will get the training you need to conduct analytical research, help shape and execute policy, and teach the next generation of educators, researchers, and practitioners.
- The Public Policy program from Harvard Kennedy School encourages scholarly research that empowers public policy practitioners like you to make informed decisions and be leaders in their fields.
- PPOL graduates enter the workplace prepared to teach, research, and make a profound impact in academia, while for others the degree leads to productive careers in the private sector.
The PPOL coursework combines core requirements in theory and methods with primary and secondary concentrations in areas such as:
- Economic regulatory policy
- Environmental and natural resource policy
- International development
- International economic policy
- International security relations
- Judgment and decision making
- Science, technology, and policy studies
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 51 other PhDs in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Harvard Kennedy School and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application form
- Application fee
- Official GRE scores; GMAT and LSAT are not accepted
- Official TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) scores, if necessary
- Official academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- One research paper you have written by yourself that has a policy focus (co-authored pieces not accepted)
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.