In addition to mastering a rigorous core curriculum, Psy.D. students choose two courses from our four concentration areas: Serious Mental Illnesses, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Interventions with High-Risk Families, and Assessment & Treatment of Substance Use Disorders. Our highly experienced faculty provides clinical and theoretical training in the two major orientations in the field today: cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic.
- The Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program at Long Island University (LIU) Post is the only program in the nation that allows students to gain training experience in Serious Mental Illnesses, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Interventions with High-Risk Families, and Assessment &Treatment of Substance Use Disorders.
- Our core faculty includes 8 practicing clinical psychologists who are actively engaged in clinical research and outreach. Students have many opportunities to work with faculty during their five years in the program. Faculty labs and other research opportunities provide students with a variety of research experiences in the field of clinical psychology.
- Students do not have to pick a faculty member to work with early on in the admissions process, but rather can get to develop their research interests over the course of their first two years in the program before picking a dissertation in year three.
The Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association, registered by the New York State Education Department and listed by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards and the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology as a designated institution offering a doctoral program in psychology.
- Cognitive and Neuropsychological Assessment
- Advanced Adult Psychopathology
- Behavioral Assessment
- Behavior Analysis
- Child & Adolescent Psychopathology
- Developmental Psychology: Lifespan
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The program is 115 credits, including the clinical practicum.
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 109 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program at LIU Post is a practitioner-scholar training program that offers both cognitive behavioral therapy and psychodynamic theoretical training to its students. Students who successfully complete the five-year program will receive a Doctor of Psychology Degree, (Psy.D.).
- Applicants should note that each year offers a new pool of competitive applicants from across the nation, as well as across the globe. For advice on your particular application, applicants are strongly encouraged to have their own current or former faculty member or clinical placement supervisor review their application materials.
- Note that every year our admissions process does change a bit. This year, all application materials will be submitted online through the PSYCAS only. Please note the updated deadlines and timeline for the process. The entire application must be submitted into your PSYCAS application by January 6, 2021.
International51926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25963 USD per semester during 60 months.
National51926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25963 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.