Biological Sciences from Louisiana State University requires formulation and execution of original research, as demonstrated by production of research publications and a dissertation. The Biological Sciences degree programs are designed to be flexible in order to meet the many of needs of students in the sub-disciplines of modern biology. This flexibility allows designing a program of courses that will benefit the student and his or her research needs.
Students at Biological Sciences from Louisiana State University will gain knowledge in:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Cellular, Developmental, & Integrative Biology
- Systematics, Ecology, & Evolution
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Systematic Biology
- Marine Ecology
- Lipids and Membranes
- Special Topics in Biological Sciences
- Departmental Seminar in Biological Sciences
- Research Presentations in the Biological Sciences
- Independent Research in Biological Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 108 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Applicants must score at least 305 on the GRE (verbal plus quantitative scores) and 100 (iBT) or equivalent on the TOEFL (for international students who have not received a degree from an English-based institution) to be considered for admission.
- An overall GPA of at least 3.00 ("A" = 4.0) is required.
- A non-refundable fee of $50.00 (U.S.) and $70.00 (nonimmigrant) and can be paid in the form of a check, money order or credit card payable to Louisiana State University.
- Official results TOEFL (if you are a foreign applicant) sent by ETS.
- Official transcripts from the registrar of each college or university you previously or currently attend.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.