The PhD with a major in higher education administration offers advanced graduate study to those students aspiring to enhance their leadership knowledge and skill for service in their current positions, to establish knowledge and skill bases for a more responsible executive leadership appointment, to build the capacity and inclination for active participation in policy dialogue related to the purpose and performance of higher education, and to prepare selected scholars for service in faculty and policy scholar roles.
The Higher Education Administration program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- The program requires completion of approximately 48-57 hours of coursework (exclusive of dissertation enrollment), completion of a written and oral comprehensive examination (an overall GPA of 3.5 is required to take the comprehensive examination), and successful completion and defense of a dissertation.
- The doctoral residence requirement is met by two consecutive terms of full-time enrollment.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 24 other PhDs in Special Education in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.