Social Work Graduates at University of Utah are prepared to be productive researchers and skilled teachers in prominent schools of social work, and we offer competitive support for qualifying students.
We have two curriculum delivery strategies (onsite and distance) with the same program requirements, standards of rigor, and expectations for students. Designed for students to obtain their degree in three to five academic years, the first part of the program consists of core doctoral coursework followed by independent research culminating in the dissertation process.
- Epistemological and Theoretical Perspectives for SW Research
- Introduction to Analysis
- Advanced Analysis
- Secondary Data Analysis
- Qualitative Research Methods of Social Inquiry, Field Research
- Knowledge for Social Work Practice: Systematic Reviews
- Development of Biopyschosocial Intervention Models
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 49 other PhDs in Sociology in United States
An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.