Medical College of Wisconsin's Institute for Health & Equity offers the first PhD program of its kind in Wisconsin and one of very few nation-wide with the purpose of transforming the research paradigm in public and community health by integrating the rigors of traditional public health sciences with the essential components of community health improvement through participation and partnership. This program is now offered in both a part-time and full-time format.
PhD Program Goals
- Educate graduates who will conduct original research, impact policy development and become future faculty scholars with public and community health expertise.
- Emphasize integrated, interdisciplinary approaches to address important public and community health issues.
Capitalize on the diverse strengths of health sciences, population health, medicine, nursing and the social and behavioral sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics and Integrity in Science
- Research Ethics Discussion Series
- Community Health Improvement I: Foundations of Public and Community Health
- Community Health Improvement II: Health Disparities and Underlying Determinants of Health
- Health and Medical Geography
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Survey Research Methods
- PhD Public and Community Health Doctoral Dissertation
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 95 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Present evidence of capacity for graduate study in public health
- Have a strong foundation in the quantitative, behavioral and biological sciences, regardless of undergraduate major
- Provide a carefully constructed personal statement describing research interests, career goals and reasons for interest in graduate school
- Other indicators of a commitment to a graduate program, which are carefully weighed in the admissions process, include participation in public health research, particularly mentored research programs, and related professional and life experiences
- If students have an undergraduate degree in public health, they automatically meet the requirements
International1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.