This Cell and Developmental Biology program is home to Medical College of Wisconsin's Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology program, which focuses on the study of normal development and disease pathways of the liver, heart and nervous system.
- If you are interested in conducting cell & developmental biology research at MCW, we invite you to apply through either our Interdisciplinary Program in Biomedical Sciences (IDP) or Neuroscience Doctoral Program (NDP).
- Our current research strengths are in cellular and molecular mechanisms in developmental biology and neurobiology which employ genetic approaches offered by mice, zebrafish and stem cells.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Cell and Developmental Biology PhD Program is the only graduate program offered by the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy at MCW.
- The purpose of this program is to provide state of the art research training leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- This is accomplished through a combination of coursework, seminars, journal clubs, and "hands-on" laboratory research in the laboratory of a faculty mentor.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 45 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Those interested in pursuing education and research within the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology & Anatomy should pursue admission through either the Interdisciplinary Program in Biomedical Sciences (IDP) and/or Neuroscience Doctoral Program (NDP) as well as the Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD).
- A Bachelor’s degree (either completed or in the process of completing) is required for admission to any MCW graduate program. Applicants will ideally have a 3.0 or higher grade point average (GPA), as well as quantitative and verbal reasoning GRE scores at or above the 50th percentile (3.5 or higher writing score).
- Personal statements and letters of recommendation from professors, advisors, and research supervisors. who know you well are highly regarded in the admission process. Prior research experience is also strongly considered.
International1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.