This Cell and Developmental Biology program is home to Medical College of Wisconsin's Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology program, which focuses on the study of normal development and disease pathways of the liver, heart and nervous system.
- If you are interested in conducting cell & developmental biology research at MCW, we invite you to apply through either our Interdisciplinary Program in Biomedical Sciences (IDP) or Neuroscience Doctoral Program (NDP).
- Our current research strengths are in cellular and molecular mechanisms in developmental biology and neurobiology which employ genetic approaches offered by mice, zebrafish and stem cells.
- The Cell and Developmental Biology PhD Program is the only graduate program offered by the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy at MCW.
- The purpose of this program is to provide state of the art research training leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- This is accomplished through a combination of coursework, seminars, journal clubs, and "hands-on" laboratory research in the laboratory of a faculty mentor.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Those interested in pursuing education and research within the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology & Anatomy should pursue admission through either the Interdisciplinary Program in Biomedical Sciences (IDP) and/or Neuroscience Doctoral Program (NDP) as well as the Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD).
- A Bachelor’s degree (either completed or in the process of completing) is required for admission to any MCW graduate program. Applicants will ideally have a 3.0 or higher grade point average (GPA), as well as quantitative and verbal reasoning GRE scores at or above the 50th percentile (3.5 or higher writing score).
- Personal statements and letters of recommendation from professors, advisors, and research supervisors. who know you well are highly regarded in the admission process. Prior research experience is also strongly considered.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per credit during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.