The DNP is a practice-focused doctoral degree earned by advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs). The DNP serves as a clinical leader in transforming care of the individual, the community, and the healthcare system. Full and part-time degree completion options are available and can be completed in five to 14 semesters.
Upon completion of the Doctor of Nursing Practice curriculum from University of North Carolina Wilmington, the new graduate will be able to:
- Integrate science from nursing and other disciplines to identify, develop, and evaluate practice change initiatives that improve individual and population health
- Demonstrate leadership within healthcare systems to adopt strategies to improve quality and safety.
- Incorporate knowledge of evidence-based practice into advanced decision-making through the evaluation and translation of evidence into practice.
- Analyze, apply and integrate appropriate information and technology that will improve and transform care at the individual and population level.
- Critically analyze health policy to develop and implement health care reform that advocates for social justice and equity.
- Engage in advanced decision-making within an inter-professional environment that results in culturally aware, ethical, and comprehensive systems of care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The faculty in the School of Nursing actively contribute to the production of new knowledge in the nursing and clinical research field through research and professional collaborations with interdisciplinary and inter-professional teams in the College of Health and Human Services, UNC system universities, as well as with other agencies and universities across the country.
- Additionally, faculty place emphasis on curriculum and program design, increasing opportunities to better server students in the SON programs.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript is required from each U.S. post-secondary institution attended. Refer to the Getting Started page for international transcript instructions.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.