The audience for the program includes (a) current B-12 public school leaders or aspiring school leaders who plan to move into school district leadership roles or who wish to improve their leadership practice through an education doctorate; (b) aspiring leaders from related disciplines who plan to move into school or school district leadership roles; and (c) aspiring leaders in the student support areas in higher education.
- Our students include school district leaders, school and college/university administrators, teacher leaders, and leaders working for the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- The primary goal of the Educational Leadership program from University of North Carolina Wilmington is to prepare effective educational leaders who are skilled managers, curricular experts, and research-based scholars. Each of these roles requires theoretical and practical knowledge, application of skills, and appropriate professional dispositions.
- Leadership Theory
- Social Foundations of Education
- Organizational Development and Analysis
- Applied Research
- Additional Research Courses
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Research View 129 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript is required from each U.S. post-secondary institution attended. Refer to the Getting Started page for international transcript instructions.
- 3 recommendations to be submitted through the online application
- Education Statement of Interest Essay
- Must hold a Master's degree in school administration, supervision, curriculum, instruction, higher education or related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Current CV or Resume
- Must have a minimum of three years of documented leadership experience
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.