The Biosystems Engineering Department is developing innovative systems to sustainably feed an increasing population through cutting-edge technology, sustainable practices, and the drive to make a difference in the world.
We build sustainable solutions that create resilience among society, the environment, and the economy.
The University is currently working on many projects, including the following:
- Optimizing growth conditions in controlled environment agriculture
- Finding alternative fuel and feed sources
- Irrigating crops sustainably
- Analyzing big data sets generated from using sensors and controls and looking at metagenomics
The flexibility of our graduate programs allows international and domestic students, in consultation with their advisors, to develop programs specifically suited to their needs. The University of Arizona is a diverse institution and therefore provides courses in many different areas to support specific and general applications. Interdisciplinary desires of students are met by taking classes across the broad spectrum available in the College of Engineering and the College of Agriculture and other divisions on campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Metagenomics: From Genes to Ecosystems
- Fabrication Techniques for Micro- and Nanodevices
- Applied Biostatistics
- Statistical Bioinformatics and Genomic Analysis
- Sensors and Controls
- Applied Instrumentation for CEAC
- Physiology of Plant Production under Controlled Environment
- Applied Instrumentation for Controlled Environment Agriculture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 42 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Statement of purpose, including area of interest
- School and/or class ranking, if available
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during .
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during .
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during .
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.