What is a Doctorate in Education?
The Doctor of Education program is specifically designed to prepare innovative leaders, capable of guiding complex organizations through uncertain times. With its focus on evidence-based theory, action research, and collaborative discourse, you will challenge old ways of thinking, while learning to create new models of effective practice across a wide range of educational and business environments.
- The Educational Leadership and Management program of Drexel University can be completed in three or five years on a part-time basis, allowing you to work full-time while earning your degree.
- There is no residency requirement—all courses and the dissertation process can be completed 100 percent online.
- Ten diverse concentration options are available, allowing you to tailor your degree to your area of interest.
- You will become part of a student cohort, providing ample opportunities to network and receive support from a cohesive community that learns and grows together.
- The program’s accredited curriculum incorporates the expert knowledge and skills you must have to become an effective 21st century leader in educational or business environments – from instructional technology integration and transformative leadership, to strategic decision-making, institutional finance, and program evaluation.
What can you do with a Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Management?
The EdD program is ideal for:
- K-12 leadership: superintendents, principals, administrators, teachers
- Higher education administrators
- Organizers of community programs
- Leaders in corporations that serve the educational community
Drexel’s EdD program graduates go on to become leaders and innovators in the areas of instruction, administration, learning, and strategy within many kinds of organizations, including public and private schools, postsecondary institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations, foundations, and corporations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Leadership & Change
- Creative Strategies for Educational Leaders
- Program Evaluation in Organizations
- Transformative Leadership: Finding One's Source
- Educational Leadership for Equity and Social Justice
- Educational Research Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Project Management Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3 other Masters in Project Management in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Master's degree in Education (or another appropriate field) from a regionally accredited institution
- Master's GPA of 3.5 or above
- Three years of work experience relevant to your professional goals
- Nursing Education concentration only: Current, unrestricted United States RN license
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools), verifying completion of your bachelor's and master's degrees
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Nursing Education concentration only: Copy of your United States RN license
International1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1342 USD per credit during 36 months.
National1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1342 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.