To provide the basis for advanced research, introductory courses covering both prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems are taken in the first year of the Genetics and Molecular Biology program of Emory University.
First-year students obtain practical research training by participating in eight-week rotations in the investigators' laboratories of their choice. These rotations provide the basis for selecting dissertation topics and mentors. After completing the first year, students tailor their curriculum from a large list of specialized courses in genetics and molecular biology, as well as other areas of current biological sciences.
All courses emphasize critical thinking, constructive literature evaluation, and presentation skills. Seminar courses occurring each semester focus on current topics in genetics and molecular biology and are presented by investigators within and outside of Emory. Students also present their findings in research-in-progress meetings, which are attended by their peers and the faculty.Student invited speakers, small group teaching experiences, and training in the ethical conduct of research round out the overall list of activities that occur as students conduct research and prepare their dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Statistics for Experimental Biology
- Molecular Evolution
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Topics in Bioscience
- Population Biology and Evolution of Disease
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics Biochemistry Genetics View 46 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the GMB program should have strong undergraduate backgrounds in the physical, chemical, biological, or behavioral sciences.
- Three general criteria are used to evaluate applicants: GPA, research experience, and letters of recommendation. Over the last 5 years, accepted students have had better than a B+ average, and strong undergraduate or professional research experiences. Students must indicate that they are highly motivated for a career in biological or biomedical research.
- Students who have strong qualifications in all but one of these predictors of graduate performance and who can provide evidence of a productive experience in laboratory or field science will also be considered for admission.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must also complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 48 months.
National43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.