- Yale University’s Operations doctoral program is unique in its focus on identifying and modeling operational processes wherever they are found with the goal of improving operations and making better decisions. Program participants apply the methods of operations research and management to model important problems, some easily recognized as operational in nature (e.g. supply chains and service systems), but others less so (e.g. improving public health, sustainability, and homeland security).
- Framing such problems requires sophistication in characterizing/recognizing operational settings wherever they may be, while modeling and solving these problems requires the mathematical methods of operations research and management. The Yale Operations doctoral program develops expertise in both. The program is small, ensuring that each student receives ample faculty attention, and is highly flexible, allowing the program to be tailored to each student’s interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Models of Operations Research and Management
- Modeling Operational Processes
- Policy Modeling
- Stochastic Processes
- Optimization Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStrategic Management View 10 other Masters in Strategic Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to the Ph.D. program in Operations at Yale, students must have already completed coures in multivariable calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra.
- Applications are considered only once per year, and all new students begin their doctoral studies in the fall term.
- Classes are not offered on evenings or weekends, nor is it possible to be a student in the program while holding a full-time job.
- Applicants are required to take either the GRE or GMAT test.
International99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- All students admitted to the program are given full financial aid for five years as long as they continue to satisfy the program's academic requirements. The aid consists of a tuition waiver and a stipend that is comparable to stipends offered by other leading Schools of Management.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.