The Molecular Biology department at Princeton University is a tightly knit, cohesive group of scientists that includes undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty with diverse but overlapping interests. Graduate students have a wide choice of advisers, with a broad spectrum of interdisciplinary interests and research objectives.
- The graduate program offers all entering students the opportunity, with the help of faculty advisers, to design the intellectual program that best meets their unique scientific interests.
- Each student chooses a series of research rotations with faculty members in molecular biology and associated departments (chemistry, computer science, ecology and evolutionary biology, chemical and biological engineering, physics and neuroscience).
- Entering students, with the aid of the graduate committee, select core and elective courses from a large number of offerings in a variety of departments and disciplines.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Macromolecular Structure: Protein Folding, Structure and Design
- Analysis & Visualization of Large-Scale Genomic Data Sets
- Computational Methods in Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cellular Biochemistry
- Cell Biology and Development
- Molecular Biology
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 101 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Academic Purpose
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Letters
- Fall Semester Grades
- Required Tests
- English Language Tests
Living costs for Princeton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.