Biophysics from University of California, San Francisco is aimed at students who want to explore the physical properties, structures, and interrelationships of living things by using physics and chemistry to quantify biological processes at the molecular, cellular, and systems levels.
Students at Biophysics from University of California, San Francisco will:
- explore biology in entirely new ways — before these technologies are generally available to other scientists.
- gain knowledge in structural biology
- Biophysical approaches to cell biology
- Complex biological systems
- Computational and theoretical biophysics
- Membrane biophysics
- Protein engineering and synthetic biology
- Proteomics and genomics
- Although the UCSF Graduate Division lists a requirement of a 3.0 GPA, exceptions are possible at the program level and we encourage applications from individuals who feel they would be a good fit for our program.
- General and demographic information
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A personal statement (or Statement of Purpose)
- A research statement
- Unofficial transcripts (instructions can be found on the application)
- A non-refundable application fee ($120 for US citizens and permanent residents, and $140 for international applicants) is required to finalize your application.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.