- We encourage our students to become their own scholars, finding their place in the larger study of communication processes and effects by working with multiple faculty across specializations and using multiple methods. We also have state-of-the-art facilities that allow for a broad range of research.
- The mission of the School of Communication at the The Ohio State University is to achieve national and international distinction in research, teaching and service. To accomplish this mission, the School will advance high quality communication scholarship in ways consistent with the mission of the College of Arts and Sciences and will engage in innovative, excellent undergraduate and graduate education. Scholarly, professional and public constituencies will be served by helping improve the understanding of communication processes and by working with professional constituencies to improve the practice of communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The School of Communication emphasizes the interconnectedness of various subfields in communication in our focus areas, including:
- Communication technology and society
- Health communication and social influence
- Mass communication uses and effects
- Political communication and public opinion
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 3 other Masters in Journalism in United States
The minimum academic criteria for admission to the Graduate School include:
- Credentials documenting prerequisite academic work that provide evidence of ability to pursue a graduate program in your chosen area. Consult your intended graduate program for more information.
- An earned 4-year baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university prior to beginning graduate studies.
- The university requires, at minimum, a cumulative grade point average equivalent of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B grade) in all prior undergraduate and graduate level work.
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40507 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37140 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12424 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.