- Members of the graduate field of horticulture reside in the Department of Horticulture on the Ithaca campus, and at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva. In addition, some faculty members of other departments such as Plant Biology, Plant Breeding, Crop and Soil Science, etc., may also be members of the graduate field of horticulture.
- Minor fields of study may be selected from such areas as plant physiology, pathology, anatomy, or ecology; biochemistry; botany; entomology; taxonomy; genetics; education; soils; agricultural, resource, and managerial economics; communication; agricultural and biological engineering; and landscape architecture.
Concentrations by Subject
- Breeding Of Horticultural Crops
- Horticultural Crop Management Systems
- Human-plant Interactions
- Physiology And Ecology Of Horticultural Crops
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Horticulture Genetics View 6 other PhDs in Horticulture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 36 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.