With access to world-renowned nursing faculty, cutting-edge facilities, and opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration with noted researchers throughout Johns Hopkins University, you'll build the skills to develop and implement a scientific research program and launch your career.
Those who earn a Johns Hopkins University PhD:
- Possess knowledge and skills in theoretical, methodological, and analytical approaches that will enable you to conduct research to discover and apply knowledge in nursing science and health care
- Are prepared to assume a leadership role in nursing and in the broader arena of healthcare
- Demonstrate expertise within an area of study from a nursing and transdisciplinary viewpoint
- Often serve as educators in a variety of classroom and clinical settings within academic program
A brief glimpse into things we study: cardiovascular risk reduction, domestic violence, biologic basic of nursing therapeutics, health promotion, chronic disease management, symptom management, biobehavioral aspects of pain and stress, substance abuse, lactation and breastfeeding, health disparities, family caregiver stress, forensic nursing, patient health care decision making, end of life care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Philosophical Perspectives in Health
- Scientific Perspectives in Nursing
- Measurement in Health Care Research
- Responsibilities and Activities of the Nurse Scientist
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 159 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- Personal Statement
- Academic record
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous college and university study
- At least two letters of recommendation
International57420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57420 USD per year during 72 months.
National57420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57420 USD per year during 72 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Most full-time Johns Hopkins Nursing PhD students are 100% funded with a stipend for the first two years of study. Additional financial support is made available in following years.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.