Our PhD program in Economics at University of Kentucky is designed so that the motivated student can make steady progress toward the PhD degree.
- Admissions are competitive.
- To be considered for the PhD in Economics program, the applicant must meet the admission guidelines of the Graduate School and Gatton College of Business and Economics.
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Neoclassical Microeconomic Theory
- Advanced Macroeconomic Theory
- Research Methods and Procedures
- Environmental and Health Economics
- 1-2 page personal essay about why you want to attend graduate school in economics;
- GRE scores taken within the last 5 years (self-reported scores are fine, but official scores are required to enroll and must match self-reported);
- TOEFL scores if English is not your native language;
- transcripts from all institutions attended after high school (scanned copies are fine, but official transcripts are required to enroll and must match);
- 2 or 3 confidential letters of recommendation (you submit the contact information; the letter writers submit their letters directly)
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.