Core courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics are supplemented by courses in Marxian, post-Keynesian, and neo-Ricardian theory. Students develop two areas of concentration prior to beginning work on a dissertation.
- This Economics program from The New School is STEM-designated. After graduating, eligible F-1 students in this program can apply for an additional 24 months of Optional Practical Training at the end of their Post-Completion OPT.
- PhD candidates must earn 30 credits in addition to the 30 credits taken in the Economics MA program, for a total of 60 credits.
- The Political Economy of Asia
- Racial Economic Disparities: Causes and Consequences
- Cultures of Finance
- Historical Foundations of Political Economy
- Labor Economics: Labor, Development and Gender
- Advanced Econometrics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Fall Application Deadlines
Fellowship Deadline: January 7
International Applicant Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents: August 1
DisciplinesEconomics View 57 other PhDs in Economics in United States
- Admission Requirements: International applicants are required to follow all admission procedures for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Please pay special attention to the transcript requirements for applicants with foreign credentials.
- Transcripts: Review the admission procedures for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Please pay special attention to the transcript requirements for applicants with foreign credentials.
- TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE: A TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is not required for applicants whose primary language is English or who have earned a four-year degree from a U.S. college/university or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction. Test score requirements are outlined in the application instructions.
International67800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 24 months.
National67800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.