This contextual approach provides a framework for understanding psychological theories and other biologically based perspectives on mental and emotional activity. Students concentrate in either cognitive, social, or developmental psychology.
- Overall, the research conducted in the program reflects a broad-based perspective that supports diverse methodological approaches and that encourages interdisciplinary work.
- Students in the Cognitive, Social, and Developmental Psychology program from The New School concentrate in either cognitive, social, or developmental psychology through specialized seminars and independent study with members of the faculty who share the student's interests.
- However, they are welcome to take courses, work with faculty, and engage in research that bridges these different concentrations. Students also can take relevant courses offered by other universities through the Inter-University Consortium.
- Social Psychology
- Language and Thought
- Advanced Issues in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Advanced Statistics
- Research Methods
- Assessment of Individual Differences
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Fall Application Deadlines
Fellowship Deadline: January 7
International Applicant Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents: August 1
DisciplinesPsychology View 113 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission Requirements: International applicants are required to follow all admission procedures for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Please pay special attention to the transcript requirements for applicants with foreign credentials.
- Transcripts: Review the admission procedures for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Please pay special attention to the transcript requirements for applicants with foreign credentials.
- TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE: A TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is not required for applicants whose primary language is English or who have earned a four-year degree from a U.S. college/university or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction. Test score requirements are outlined in the application instructions.
International27120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 60 months.
National27120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Applicants for graduate school who are seeking financial aid should notify their prospective academic department early in the application process. Graduate students are automatically considered for university merit-based scholarships and fellowships as part of the admission process. Note however: For U.S. citizens and permanent residents, limited scholarship funds are usually combined with government supported grants and loans in a financial aid package, so applicants must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Graduate students are notified of their scholarship awards soon after their admission in a letter from either their academic program or Student Financial Services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.